The home school community lost a dear friend this week, and as I pondered over this, these are just some thoughts that came to mind. When a store or restaurant is getting ready to open, often they have a "soft opening". As you may know that is when an invitation is sent out and a few 'select' people are invited to come and enjoy the store before the general public. They often have special sales or lots of freebies for the guests. Well as I was thinking about this gal going to heaven, of which we may think is a an early exit from earth, how about a "special soft opening" to heaven. God has chosen some select loved ones to go and enjoy the party early. He has the time and place for everyone who is His to come and join Him. We are saddened on this earth to lose a loved one, but knowing the party and perfection they have in Christ in heaven--He is, "able to to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us!!" Amen....
Ps. 27:4 --"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the Lord --all the days of my life..," WHY ? "to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord !!"
Friday, May 9, 2008
"Soft Openings"
Posted by
Jodi Dennis
at
10:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment