Sunday, April 25, 2010

The passing of a friend...

I have been wanting to write for sometime now, but just don't have all my thoughts together. Not that I do now either, but I will just get some off my mind. Sweet Sherry passed away this last week.. We had a sweet time of prayer,crying and hugs a few months back and now I really cherish the memory. I saw her hours before she met the Lord, and that was tough. It was not the Sherry I knew.. she was well on her way. The Lord welcomed her with open arms and said "well done, my sweet servant,prayer warrior.." I think now I am realizing how much she prayed for me.. I looked thru some of her prayer books and saw my name mentioned oooppps colored many times..But now I think, she doesn't have to color, she is talking into the ear of our Lord Jesus.. oh what a sweet thought. Her service was as Sherry would have wanted it to be...One of the things that hit me hard was when her brother in law, mentioned that Sherry had prayed during her first bout with cancer that the Lord would sustain her time here on earth to raise her girls... And He did... That has also been many a prayer of mine....I find myself stopping over these last few days and saying, "what would Sherry want me to do".. now knowing what really matters on this earth... I really don't know if those in heaven can see what is going on down here, but I think about what she is doing up there.... There is a piece of me that is jealous of Sherry, her time here is done, she finished strong and now is truly free... no more of this earthly life to fret over.....She is forever home and perfected! Now we take care of the girls... Sherry and Tim have done a fantastic job raising these girls.. We just need to continue to build the legacy she started..They may have more moms now than they ever bargained for...
My emotions are all mixed.. sad,happy,contented,peace,frustration,nervous..and ever changing...
But my hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus blood and righteousness....On cross the solid rock I stand...

0 comments: