Wednesday, August 6, 2008

On the eve of # 12

Well I have made it this far. Just as the people left the stone in a circle so to tell future generations "God has brought us safe this far ."
Have you heard the saying "beat the grimm reaper "? I heard this week, most people will say if they didn't die when it seems they should have, that have 'beat the grimm reaper'. But actually not dieing is not beating the reaper, but living Godly is. Our death as a believer is our victory.
So many times we are tempted to ask God why. But in studying James, he never says, as our trials of various kinds come, first ask God why... But James tells us to ask God, ' How to ' go thru the trial. Wouldn't it be a shame to go thru any trial and not do it in a Godly manner or a biblical view of it? I don't think I really put these passages together, but it works.
James 1:2 and I Cor. 10:31--
Please pray for me as I head into this last round. It seems that I have more swirling emotions now than I did on my first one. My I find favor in the eyes of the Lord..

0 comments: