Friday, August 1, 2008

Fridy morning

WoW I mean the morning too, it is 2:00am and I am sitting here in a dark house. Not sure why i can't sleep. Well, maybe the 10 pm m&m's have something to do with it.
I had the fun today of helping to coach some 5 & 6th grade girls volleyball, boy they were sweet. however I think every 5 minutes they wanted a water break.
I think, well I week from now i will be down and sick, but yet the last of this treatment. Unless you have been "there", it may not make sense to you, but its a feeling of being left "out-there", after the treatment are over. Just waiting for the next scan to tell you its back. i know, just run the mile your in, don't look ahead. Easier said than done. To help me physically and mentally, I have decided to coach Randi's homeschool volleyball team this season. CRAZY, yes I hear you screaming at the computer, but---I really feel this is the right thing to do. It is a passion of mine I can't shake off. I will probably get it really going 2 weeks after the last treatment. God has been and is and always will be faithful and this is just another avenue to let His light shine.
I heard a preacher on the radio this week, say, " Why bother coming to church and worshiping if you aren't going to take it home with you? Why bother shining your light in church, that isn't where the darkness is". The whole sermon was so encouraging. Another part was, that God is like the coach and we are the players, so we need to get off the bench and start playing. Sounds like a verse in Proverbs, Man plans his steps, but God directs his path..( my simple paraphrase).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Did you get some sleep after being wide awake too early this morning?
The being left out there feeling makes total sense to me. You have faced so may challenges these last years as you've had to deal with cancer. I'm sure "what's next?" is always in the back of your mind. I'm thankful that the last treatment is on the horizon and may God bring you through this with renewed health and strength.
Enjoy coaching the voleyball team-being around kids will be good medicine as you know. May you be reminded of God's great love for you as you reflect on how He's brought you through this storm.

Love,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Hey Jodi,
It's not the M&M's. Tried it last night and I did fine!!!(really!)
I can in no way imagine your struggle, but want to encourage you to hold on and use that same faith that brought you through this storm to know that God will keep you from future harm. "Do not let your heart be troubled, do not be afraid..." Look back on all the ways he has changed you and perfected you and reflect on all the wisdom you have gained and passed on to others. You have done so much for others thru your writing and passing along God's truths. Miss seeing you guys at church and yacking while Tom patiently brings the car around!!!.. the good ol' days!
Steve

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi,
My wife, Robyn, (Surrey), shared your blog with me tonight and your pain brought tears to my eyes. I'm a recent cancer patient going through radiation and facing 6 months of chemo in a few weeks. As you can imagine I'm not looking forward to it but know that I have to face it and allow God to walk alongside of me. After hearing your story from Robyn and reading your words I'm truly inspired and blessed by your vulnerability and honesty. Thank you for sharing your walk with God with us and being an inspiration.

Only by His grace,
Russ