Friday, October 26, 2007

Countdown to surgery

Here is the news going on in my world. Next Thursday, Nov 1st. I check in at Desert Sam..aka..Banner Desert, and will have surgery in the morning. They will be removing a golf ball sized cyst in my lower abdomen and doing a frozen section to see if it is the cancer returned. They don't think it is attachted to any major organ, just the side of my abdomen sac. I am expecting a 3-5 day hosptial stay...( get that portable DVD player charged up !)
I wake up in the morning and say,,"um next week at this time I will be laying in the hosptial bed.. ahhh how comfy is that."
Changes that will take place for our house, the major one is that Tommy and Sierra will be going to the homeschool classes at Surrey.. They got thier uniform shirts and seem to be excited and nervous at the same time.. Of course worried what is on the lunch menu is a big deal..
Plz go before the throne of our Gracious Lord, and ask that this cyst not be cancerous. That all will go well during surgery. My doctors name is Dr. Mark Runfola, pray for his steady hands and knowledge of what the best action is. I am not discouraged and pray for me not to become bitter or angry. My pray from the scriptures is based on Ps.86.. Plz join me in going to the Holy Spirit to intercede and for Him to approach the throne on my behalf. (Rms. 8:26& 27).

4 comments:

Lori said...

Jodi and Dennis,

We will be praying for you. Thanks for letting us know.

Nathan and Lori

sherry p said...

We will absolutely be your prayer partners as you prepare for surgery.

I think this blog is a great idea!

Pezzelles

Lori said...

Dear Jodi,
Sorry I meant Tom. Just a little flustered.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Jodi,
My thoughts & prayers will be with be you. I will praying Isaiah 26:3 for you - that God will "keep you in perfect peace because your mind is stayed on Him"

Dawn
with Ryan & Jenna praying along too.