Ever heard of a 'forced smile'.. Yep that's it right there. The nurse waited until I did and then she clicked it . Anyway this is how I sit in my chair for about 2 hours, In a large room with these chairs all the way around. I brought the lovely sheet on the back of my chair. ( you know, the germ thing). I know some of you who are laughing right now, and know my germ-a-phobia haibts. So what basically happens once I get in my seat, is I get a shot in the arm, anti-diarhria, then they clean my port area spray some freeze spray on it and poke me with a small needle that stays in with a clear line that gets feed from the IV line. Since I have infusion for 46 hours they tape my needle with a big clear bandage. I should probably get a photo of that to clear that picture in your head. They have nice plasma tvs on the walls, but usually it is muted and the radio is playing. The extra noise is usually more of a nusicance.
"Counting trials as joy has nothing to do with the body or how a Christian is feeling physically. Christians , therefore are not to "count" or evaluate their trials according to looks or feelings. Counting is done not by sight, but by faith." 2 Corn. 5:7 . Don't give me credit for that wisdom, it comes from Elizabeth George's book, "Finding God's path thru your trials.
Have fun watching the superbowl and sharing time with friends and family.
(Sorry the spellckeck isn't working, so I just sent it.)
Saturday, February 2, 2008
My treatment
Posted by
Jodi Dennis
at
6:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Just wanted to let you know I think of you often and pray for you daily. Sometimes God's plan for us can seem so confusing but we know he works for our good in all things. Hope today is a good day and you can enjoy the sun. We will try to enjoy our fresh snow.Linda (De Boer) Schoby
Post a Comment