Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A funny story

I have been meaning to share this, so now I have remembered while I am still sitting at the computer !
While in FLorida I was traveling on some highway with very little traffic and along came a toll booth, it was only $ 1.00 no big deal right? Well i was on the wrong road, but the gentleman said just keep going and take the first left and jump back on the right road.. So I paid him my dollar and off I went. I turned and got back on the right road, and another toll booth. This one is
un-maned and only .50, well little o'l me didn't have .50.. I had .10 maybe.. So I am sitting in the lane wondering what to do, it was dusk out and raining. Do I wait for a car and ask them for some money? Do I just drive thru and forget, it is a rental car anyway. There is a sign that says $100.00 fine for not paying.. I knew the rental car company would find me. Well after a few minutes a truck comes in behind me, I had to pull forward. The alarm beeps and I see the camera flash. I pull over to the side, and by this time the truck has thrown his money in and is on his merry way.. I call a number I find posted there and she says, "Just drive to the next toll and get an address from the man, and send in the money". Ok, I thought, sounds easy enough. Well come to find out, you can not send cash ! I ended up sending a .50 check in the mail. Plus the postage.. Crazy Floridians....But I guess it makes for a good story.. Moral: Always keep loose change in your car !

0 comments: