Job 42:1--, "I've come to the end of my understanding, and I leave it at that. My very existence is Yours, O God. It's Yours to unravel the mystery, to track the labyrinthine ways, to handle the profound, to know the reasons behind the inexplicable events of my life." ( some paraphrase)
God's purpose is unfolding and I can not hinder it.
God's plan is incredible, and I will not comprehend it.
God's reproof is reliable, and I dare not ignore it.
God's way is best and I must not resist it.
That is an excerpt from a devotional from Charles Swindoll.
God directed me to that as I came home from the hospital.
The news came back to us that the cyst was colon cancer..
I am still praising God for successful surgery and not colostomy bag, the cyst was contained, and it was all removed. We have not talked to the oncologist about any of this, so I don't have a 'next step plan'. The surgeon recommended radiation, but like I said , I haven't talked to my oncologist. I will go back to the surgeon in about 10 days and remove the 16 staples that now so nicely line my tummy. God is so gracious to me.. This wonderful husband I have who takes such excellent care of me and the kids..It is an incredible display of self-sacrifice !!
Thank you all for your prayers, support and love thru this ordeal. I don't think Job called his an ordeal.. Job will be one of the first guys on my list to visit when I get to heaven !!( I know it won't matter then----).
Thanks for all your support of the kids too. Oh well now that you brought up the kids, one thing I must put out there again as a sweet reminder...PLEASE don't ask the kids how I am doing...I have given them permission to ignore the question and the questioner.
It all comes down to trust, do I trust that God is big enough to supply me with what is perfect for my life.
That is enough for now !!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Sunday news
Posted by
Jodi Dennis
at
7:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Jodi,
It's 10 pm and I caught your update. First, thanks for being so diligent in sharing, otherwise I would be on your answering machine night and day!! Your humor, devoted spirit, and immense perseverance always inspires me to do more with my life. Second, thanks for the verse in Job. I really liked that. It brought me peace in a time of dissapointing news. I praise God that he promises to move mountains for us in Jesus name.. including mountain sized problems. We will not despair, God is greater than our hearts. I am always with you in spirit, prayer, and expectation of God perfecting you and healing you. He seems to be perfecting you a lot, I hope the healing follows soon. You all have such a special place in my heart. May God be your shield and defender. Your bud and prayer warrior, (big hugs!!)
SN
Just read your update to the whole family. We will continue to pray for you and the family as you make decisions based on the knowledge of "the experts." Praise God that He is the true Expert and you have placed your trust in Him. The verse He gave you is beautiful.
Nancy
Jodi
thinking of you and your family as God gives you grace to know what is right for you to do.You are always so positive and using Job as one to see seems on for all of the trails you have been through.
love Gail
Post a Comment