Well I was told that my last post was tooooooo vague, and not enough detail. Well that was mostly in part that I had no brain power and was very sick and also just in a fog.
So this morning I seem to have a little sense to me and thought I better be a little more clear on what has been going on.
The Friday of my last chemo all the effects of the radiation and chemo decided to hit me straight on. I went to bed around 6pm, and besides many races to the restroom I didn't leave the bed for 10 days. That is all a blur, I don't remember much of that time at all. Tom has been so awesome, putting everything on automatic. Keeping the kids and house together, and taking care of me, it has been such a blessing to see him in that capacity, and how well he does it. He does all things without complaining, a good example for me !
As for me, well here I still lay in bed. I try to get up about once or twice a day, but that is about it. Everyday seems to be a smidgen better, which I will take. My appetite is coming back, and I seem to be able to think a little clearer, and I am thankful for every baby step. The mind can just go wild and that can be hard to control in this situation, but that also is slowing down.
Please continue to pray for all us.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
On the mend...
Posted by
Jodi Dennis
at
8:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I LOVE that picture of the kids...how fun! - What a trooper you are Jodi, God is refining you...you'll continue to be in my prayers.
I'm so glad to hear you are on the mend. That was a long stretch! The picture is so neat. I must have tried to check when you were changing it and saw another picture that was neat too but I like this one better.
My prayers for a healing miracle continue. Love, Aunt Gert
You are awesome, Jodi! And Tom, you are, too! Blessings to all of you - and praying for you all!
Dawna
Hey Jodi, I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Great picture of the kids. Good job Tom! Thanks for loving your wife and setting such a wonderful example for your kids to see. Love you - Lori G.
Hey girl-
Miss seeing you! You are a dear friend who is loved by so many. I am so glad you re feeling better this week. We are praying for you and can't wait to see you.
Love,
Gini
Post a Comment