Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Year

First off, Tim P., I forgot what to name this blog... Sorry...
Here is the quote I wanted to pass on to you about the whole purpose thing..
By Tony Dungy, from his book, Quiet Strength.
" My purpose in life is simply to glorify God. We have to be careful that we don't let the pursuit of our life's goals, no matter how important they seem, cause us to lose sight of our purpose."
That hit home for me. What am I pursuing ? Will it get in the way of my purpose for Christ?
The longer I am away from all the treatment stuff the less real it seems. I know that it is coming and what that will be like. But I try so hard now to be ignorant of the pain. I just think how "normal" I am now to my family and friends, and so soon that will change. I have wondered what kind of friend I would be if one of my dear friends was going thru this instead of me? Now I know what to expect but before all this, not even close..I can't imagine seeing one of my friends sitting in the treatment chairs or going thru the surgery and visiting them in the hospital. Maybe that is how it is for them towards me..
Medical notes: I am going to consult with a radiation oncologist at the Mayo Clinic in Sct. this Thursday. I am not going around looking for a doctor to tell me not to do any treatments, but I only have one shot at radiation and at a critical area of my body, I may add, so I want it done right. I am ready to get going, cuzz I want to be done before the middle of the summer.
I will admit it is a little hard to hear or say, Happy New Year, with all that lays ahead of me.. However I do know and believe that God is bigger than all of this, bigger than me, and certainly has got it all planned out perfectly for me. I was given a book by a dear friend, "Finding God's path thru your trials", by Elizabeth George.. It is excellent.. A take on James, that I haven't heard before. She is a great author, and I would recommend this book for anyone.
And so I forge on with the grace and mercy of God in front of me, behind me, and all thru me to accomplish His purpose. Thank you for all your prayers.

2 comments:

shesaswan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shesaswan said...

O That I Were As In The Lunar Months Of Long Ago.—Job 29:2.

When calamity strikes, who doesn't long for the former days? In Job’s case, he had lived a good life, seemingly sheltered from misfortune. Prominent people respected him and sought his counsel. (Job 29:5-11) He led a blameless life because he worshipped God. "There is no one like him in the earth," God said, "a man blameless and upright, fearing God and turning aside from bad." (Job 1:1, 8) But despite Job’s moral integrity, tragedies ripped apart his comfortable lifestyle. All he had worked for disappeared, and his true mettle was tested by pain, anguish, and frustration. Of course, Job is by no means the only servant of God to have suffered a personal catastrophe. Many Christians today can easily relate to his experience. In such instances, remembering Job’s ordeal can help us to face tragedy and can teach us to be more empathetic toward others who suffer.