Friday, December 7, 2007

The latest news

My last visit with the oncologist, he advised that I do radiation and chemo together. Have 14 days of radiation then start chemo. The radiation would be for 30 days and the chemo for 6 months. I meet with the radiologist on the 11th. to hear his plan of attack. I will go to the
U of A cancer center on the 20th to get a second opinion.
Tommy and Sierra are really enjoying the homeschool class at Surrey Chr. school. Their teacher is so kind and understanding. Truly a huge blessing. Randi has started her club volleyball team also, this is starting a good pattern for them. Getting them in a good routine for heading into next year.
I haven't been much in the "Christmas" mood. And I have been praying about this and God is teaching me that it doesn't matter whether or not I am in the mood. It isn't about me, right ...it is ALL about HIM !!! So now that I have the right perspective on this season, I will truly enjoy the days, filling them with thoughts of His birth, and His death.
Isn't it interesting that when we celebrate Christmas, we are always celebrating His birth, unlike our earthly b/days, we celebrate getting another year older.

0 comments: