ok, I have sat down here three times to type something out.. and urgghh.. I don't have enough fingers to say how many questions I have been asked in a very short amount of time... Kinda like when moms get on the phone and the kiddos know exactly when to ask that special question.. over and over and over and over again... this ringing true to anyone but me??
so a very quick thought :
Are my purposes heading me in the direction of my goal? If not, then why I am doing them? So many references in the bible to "purpose".. what I have found is that it is a definite article before the word... either, the or a.. some of the verses place "Your" or "His" in front of it.. But usually always a directive to move the purpose of the goal.. Clear as mud huh?!?! I guess it is when we say, "Well I got the big picture..so what does anything else matter?" Well what matters is the purpose of what I am doing so that I reach the goal God has set before me. His goal, so I need to pursue His purpose. You know the expression, "Practice makes perfect." I have always disliked that saying.. Practice makes a habit....is more the truth.So then Perfect practice would make perfect..Think then in terms of our purposes.. Are they leading to God's goals or are they leading me on a selfish track for my own purpose, which may or may not include the way to God's goal for me. So do I have a clear grasp of what either of these things are for me? Day by day as a study and learn more about who God is, the basic concept is clear. Bring Glory to God..
Ok , enough for now...keep pressing on toward the goal that is set before us !
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Posted by
Jodi Dennis
at
6:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment