Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter weekend

What a great weekend.. The time when as believer I really reflect on the humanness of Jesus. If you have watched "The Passion", it gives a glimpse of the pain and agony that Jesus went thru during the crucifixion. I tend to think,, "but He was God and He knew that he had to go thru all that" . But also knowing that he was fully man, Pain hurts !!! His flesh was horribly wounded and he felt everything. And that is just the physical side of things. Now think about the emotional side. From the garden to the cross, Jesus watched his disciples flee from Him. Those he considered His closest 'brothers". The gospels tell us that Peter was watching from a distance and I think Peter tends to get a bad rap, but hey, he was still there...where were the rest of the guys? Can you imagine Mary? Think about watching your flesh a son you gave birth to, getting beaten and hung .. An innocent man. That would be more than I bear.
I also think of all the word pictures in the cross. The blood, the lamb being lead to the slaughter,the position of the cross, "It is finished", the empty tomb. We need to empty our lives for Christ to dwell in us..
Have a terrific weekend.. Celebrating the resurrection of our Lord Jesus.. As the old hymn says:
" Upon that cross of Jesus, Mine eye at times can see, The very dying form of One who suffered there for me, And from my smitten heart with tears two wonders I confess,
The wonders of redeeming love And my unworthiness."

0 comments: