Monday, November 26, 2007

Finally a new post !!

We enjoyed a trip out of town over the weekend, and now back to reality. Well, what that really means is, it is time for us to make some difficult and heart-wrenching decisions. They have not been made yet, so I can't tell you much about them.
But I will let you know what the dr. advised for me last week.. He would like to me combine radiation and chemo together..Rad. for 30 days and chemo for 6 months.... Huge sigh... I heard ya...Needless to say, this has brought on a ton of emotions, but the more I think on it and the more I go back to the Word, I am ready to get it going.. I don't know when any of this will start, that hinges on dr. schedules, insurance, Tom's work schedule. etc...
I heard a few things yesterday that I know God placed on my ears to hear: Feed my faith...Starve my doubt... Feed my faith for it to grow... Starve the doubts for them to die. Also,
"Apart from me, you can do nothing." God tells me. There are many reasons why God brings trials into our lives, yet they all point us back to Christ. A few: perseverance, help others, show God's faithfulness, develop character, change priorities, yet they all point to the cross, what we need is Jesus.
I read a book lately that said," being a Christian is so simply," at this point I disagree, becoming a Christian is simple, yes, but being a Christian, choosing a lifestyle that is honoring to God, takes determination, takes calling upon the Holy Spirit moment by moment to give me strength and direction.
Please continue to pray for my family and all these decisions that are coming up. I can't even explain how your prayers intercede and give me strength, please know that they do make a difference and God is using you in a mighty way thru prayer.
I will keep you posted as I am able to release information.
Enjoy today !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jod, I do not envy you as you get to go down this path yet again. Knowing so much of what lies before you (from past experience) makes it so much harder. Ignorance is definitely bliss!! I will pray for you and your decision making.

Psalm 61
Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. Selah

For you have heard my vows, O God; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name. Increase the days of the king's life, his years for many generations. May he be enthroned in God's presence forever; appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him. Then will I ever sing praise to your name and fulfill my vows day after day.

Melinda

Anonymous said...

Jodi,
Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you as you prepare for yet another round of treatments. I can't imagine what you've all been through since the first diagnosis, and to have to deal with cancer treatments for a third time--it's hard to understand.
In spite of your circumstances, may you be reminded of how much God cares about what is going on with you. May your faith be fed as you continue on this road. May you be given strength and wisdom to deal with what comes your way.
Enjoyed the pictures. Must be nice to be able to experience some cold temps. and then return to the warm temps. at home. For some reason that doesn't work for us.

Love,
Jill