Friday, November 30, 2007

the joys of decorating for Christmas

I have boxes all over the kitchen and living room... They are trying to motivate me.. (its not working).. obviously I am sitting here typing.. It will get done today, probably with not much holly and jolly. But the thought is there.. I am doing it for the family.
I have been mediating on this the last few days, After Paul was converted and started out his ministry, it was clear to him what he needed to do. Spread the Gospel ! Well then, for him to get thrown in prison and spend so much time there, did he feel like, "ok, now how is my ministry going to be effective if any ministry at all ?" "How can I witness from the prison cell ?" So as we study his life we see that he did keep on with his sharing the gospel, from the prison. God will use us right where we are.. I say all this, cuz, that is what I am wondering, "how can I be effective if I am going to be in a 'stupor' for months..once the treatments take over, I don't feel to responsible for how my brain works. If it is working at all....So where is a ministry in all of this? I don't have the answer, except to learn from Paul and Joseph, it is wherever God puts us..and to be available to His call. I would think that just the presence of Paul in a jail cell was a testimony to many. I like to think about when I am older I will do this or that, my season right now is raising my family...etc... however I feel like God is pushing outside of that and wanting more.
Some good books I am reading now are: "Quiet Strength", Tony Dungee bio.."Facing Terror",Carrie McDonnall bio...and and interesting read is, "How Doctors Think", that could be helpful huh ?!?!
Well i am off to .... oh ya decorate the house...Blessings to you today.

0 comments: