Monday, January 21, 2008

Power Port

Yep that what it is called.. This is a new kind of port that can be used for PET , CT scans. It can have the contrast dye go thru it.. Since it is connected to the big vein, it flows thru the system faster.
It seems like it is planted a little deeper than last time, so it doesn't stick out quite so bad. Once the scabs fall off it shouldn't be to noticeable.
I have been doing every thing I can to keep my mind off of the week ahead. I have decided to do chemo or 6 months (12 treatments). I will go in every other week and have a 2 hours infusion, then have a ball that will syphon out for 48 following. So then a nurse comes to the house and disconnects me. The drug is called campostar, with 5FU and leucovorin, also called Fulfuri.. or something like that.. I am going in to this knowing that the percentage is very high that the cancer will come back even with the chemo , and then I will do radiation and possibly surgery.. But I can't think about the "what if's" and "if only", As Jesus tells us, "but seek ye first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you, Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Mt. 6:33-34.
What seems to keep coming to my mind is how I was emotionally on the first day of my last treatment round. I had a Christian nurse pray with me before I started and it went on. I keep thinking that I want to take a blanket and just crawl underneath it and hopefully the two hours will fly by. The treatment room will be very busy and lots of people getting treatments, so it is a little hard to have a lonely pity party. And now that I know 3/4 of the nurses they won't let me do that. I do hope to take a few photos so that you can have a glimpse of how that all works.. don't you love technology?? The dr. tells me that I should be able to handle this treatment better than the last round...( my mind and heart says heeeheee haaahaaa !!!) but the hair loss thing is very real this time..
I thought about the months I already have had treatments...Sept. Oct. Nov. Dec. Jan..Feb. Mar.Apr. May & Jun...now I will add July..looks like August better beware.. I have had surgeries in these months, Apr.May June, Nov. Dec. & Jan.. lets hope I don't fill in the blanks..
Well I love the spring time, so I will be able to spend alot of time outside. The girls are starting softball and Tommy baseball, so hopefully I will get to go to alot of games.
Please pray for me this week as I face the task ahead, that I may be filled with joy and acceptance.

0 comments: